- You may have better luck with 2 months 1 day ago
- No luck finding more information 2 months 2 weeks ago
- Thanks for replying 9 months 3 weeks ago
- John and Marina 9 months 3 weeks ago
- Found It! Zooom Club Waterpark 11 months 1 week ago
- Gorgeous! 11 months 3 weeks ago
- I love your writing so much! 1 year 2 weeks ago
- Matthew and Susan 1 year 2 months ago
- Hmmm . . . I somewhat agree, 1 year 3 months ago
- Matthew and Susan 1 year 3 months ago
Please note that these listings come from newsfeeds from the web, and are not content created by or endorsed by Seatails. Seatails takes no responsibility for images or opinions expressed in this section.
little fairy lights/umbrellas
A fairy ring, also known as fairy circle, elf circle, elf ring or pixie ring, is a naturally occurring ring or arc of mushrooms, in his case Marasmius oreades. The body of this fungus, its mycelium, is underground. It grows outward in a circle. As it grows, the mycelium uses up all of the nutrients in the soil, starving the grass. This is the reason a fairy ring has dead grass over the growing edge of the mycelium. Umbrella-shaped fruiting bodies, called mushrooms, spring up from just behind the outer edge of the mycelium.